A winter afternoon
Spring at St Matthews
Morley Parish Council provides YOUR local services. We strive to make Morley a better place to live, work and visit. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Find local groups and businesses in our community directory. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find what you want or would like to recommend any improvements to our website then please contact us.
Posted: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 16:44 by Parish Clerk
1. Who is on the top of the buttercross/bartercross?
Madonna and child, Mary and Jesus.
2. Sit and rest a while here by courtesy of whom?
3. What can you tell us about John Allsop?
He was a Gunner, in the Royal Field Artillery and gave his life in the 1914-18 War
4. What species is it?
5. Take a guess at its age?
A tree surgeon said 600 years, the Church's Architect said 1000 years (so any answer between 600 and a thousand counted as correct. ) More »
6. What anatomical feature adorns a nearby colourful crest?
A Hand - on the top of the crest over the door to the Mausoleum
7. What is GB0623?
8. Where is PAM?
Initials PAM are stamped on a cast iron water hydrant in the pavement.
9. What trade is mentioned on a sign?
Blacksmith (Morley Smithy)
10. Can you identify any connection to Ken Dodd the comedian?
Didididididi (diddymen) lettering on the cast iron man hole cover set into the pavement
11. What bus numbers go to Derby?
12. 'Hedwig', an owl ornament perching on a hedge surrounding a wishing well in the school garden .
13. What is a member of what?
'Morley Primary School is a member of The National Outstanding Primary Schools Teacher Training Consortium'.
14. What is/was the purpose of the brick tower in the distance to your left?
Former water tower.
15. What perches on top of St. Matthew's Church spire?
Cockerel, weather vane
16. Who's 'Way' is this?
Derby Nomad Way
17. What is in operation?
Fly tipping (Sign says 'Warning Fly Tipping operation in progress CCTV in use'.)
18. What frames the hermaphrodite amphibian ?
A red triangle (A triangular sign edged in red appears on top of a pole with the image of a frog/toad.)
19 . How many 'Way Markers' are there on the wooden pole opposite the signpost?
20. How many years before the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth 2nd's Coronation, was the signpost erected?
Signpost dated DCC 1932, Coronation 1953, so it had been there 21 years
21. What variety is the tree, on the left of the short path between the top of the stone steps and the single track road to the Retreat?
22. What variety of tree stands just before the Sure Screen information board?
Monkey puzzle tree
23. What variety of tree stands just after the SureScreen information board?
Cedar » Less
Posted: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 15:54 by Kath Hardman
Morley Parish Council - Parish Clerk/Responsible Financial Officer
Overview: The Clerk/RFO is the Proper Officer to the Parish Council and will have overall responsibility for all administrative and financial requirements in relation to Parish Council business. This will include preparing Agendas, Minute taking, writing reports, dealing with all correspondence, liaising with the general public. and ensuring that all legal requirements are met within the prescribed time limits. They will control and deliver all statutory obligations of the Council, including its financial and audit responsibilities. This will include book-keeping, preparing and managing budgets as well as managing social media and the PC Website. More »
Requirements: The successful applicant will be a highly motivated and forward-thinking individual with a flexible and creative approach, who will promote the interests of the community by forging strong local partnerships. They will be an excellent communicator with a positive can-do attitude. The ideal candidate will have a good standard of education and a high level of literacy and numeracy and will hold or be prepared to study towards the CILCA qualification.
Working arrangement: This is a permanent position for 16 hours per month mainly working from home. Attendance at Council Meetings which are usually held on the fourth Thursday of the month is required.
Salary: Grade LC1 Points 13 to 17 £11.97-£12.95 per hour.
Application: To apply please email your CV and covering letter stating why you would be suitable for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 11th July 2022. A job description and person spec are available from the clerk. For more information please contact: Cllr John Last on: 07860 867964 » Less
Posted: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 13:49 by Parish Clerk
COMMUNITY JUBILEE TREASURE TRAIL
FRIDAY JUNE 24TH FROM 6PM, START AND FINISH
AT MORLEY RETREAT, CHURCH LANE,MORLEY. Route approx a mile and a half (with a stile)
Entry £2 per adult, children free ( includes refreshments) Cash Prizes
EVENT SPONSORED BY MORLEY PARISH COUNCIL